To facilitate the ministry life of the parish by providing excellent admin support to the Vicar and other ministry leaders.
To facilitate good communication within the parish and with the community.
- Be the hub for communication in the parish
- Respond to phone and email enquiries
- Create weekly newsletter and data show for worship services
- Update the parish website
- Manage hall hiring, including scheduling booking and month-end billing
- In consultation with the vicar, develop projects to enhance communication and ministry in the parish (eg: welcome packs, advertising etc…)
- Perform the various admin roles of photocopying and paper supply/maintenance co-ordination, church supply purchases, key registers, CCLI reporting, parish statistics (for annual Diocesan reporting) and quarterly church rosters.
The successful applicant will:
- Have good computer skills (specifically with Microsoft Word, Excel & Publisher
- Be able to work well on their own, alongside the vicar and as part of a developing ministry team
- Show initiative and creativity in communicating the life of the parish both to parishioners and the wider community
- Show initiative and creativity in creating admin systems that benefit the life and ministry of the parish
- Be warm and personable with good people and communication skills as the parish’s first point of contact for the community.
The role at present is for 9 hours a week, and it would be ideal for that to be spread across 3 mornings a week. These hours may be flexible though for the right candidate.
26 June, 2015