Job Description for Parish Administrator
To facilitate the ministry life of the parish by providing excellent admin support to the Vicar and other ministry leaders.
To facilitate good communication within the parish and with the community.
- Be the hub for communication in the parish
- Respond to phone and email enquiries
- Create weekly newsletter and data show for worship services
- Update the parish website
- Manage hall hiring, including scheduling booking and month-end billing
- In consultation with the vicar, develop projects to enhance communication and ministry in the parish (eg: welcome packs, advertising etc…)
- Perform the various admin roles of photocopying and paper supply/maintenance co-ordination, church supply purchases, key registers, CCLI reporting, parish statistics (for annual Diocesan reporting) and quarterly church rosters.
The successful applicant will:
- Have good computer skills (specifically with Microsoft Word, Excel & Publisher
- Be able to work well on their own, alongside the vicar and as part of a developing ministry team
- Show initiative and creativity in communicating the life of the parish both to parishioners and the wider community
- Show initiative and creativity in creating admin systems that benefit the life and ministry of the parish
- Be warm and personable with good people and communication skills as the parish’s first point of contact for the community.
The role at present is for 9 hours a week, and it would be ideal for that to be spread across 3 mornings a week. These hours may be flexible though for the right candidate.
26 June, 2015