“Thus says the Lord: Maintain justice, and do what is right, for soon my salvation will come, and my deliverance be revealed” (Isaiah 56:1)
God of compassion,
you love every person without exception.
Turn our hearts so that we may love our neighbour.
Remove from us everything we use to exclude our sisters and brothers.
Guard the door of our lips so that what we say may be worthy of our calling as your people.
We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit one God now and for ever. Amen
Sunday and Thursday Morning Bible Readings:
Ordinary Time 20
Exodus 1:8 –2:10;
Today we pray for:
- Teachers and students at Newlands College and Johnsonville School
- Tawa-Linden (Julie Rokotakala and Terry McIvor)
- The church of South India. The Most Revd Gnanasigamony Devaka-dasham Moderator CSI and Bishop of Kanyakumari
- Today we pray for our partners in Australia. We pray for the work of the Australian Anglican Board of Missions among the indigenous people of Australia and pray for the continued reconciliation and justice.
- Those who have asked for our prayers and those who have died.